Business Tax TeleFile for Employer Withholding
Call, toll-free, 1-800-748-8299.
You will need the following to use TeleFile for employer withholding:
- Eight-digit Employer Account Identification Number.
- Nine-digit Federal Employer Identification Number or Social Security number, or your 10-digit Revenue ID.
- The ending date of the period for which you are reporting.
- The amount of personal income tax withheld for each period, whether quarterly, monthly or semimonthly. You should report the amount actually withheld, not the amount remitted.
- The total amount of compensation subject to Pennsylvania withholding for the reporting quarter.
- The amount of withholding paid to the PA Department of Revenue for the reporting quarter.
To make a payment using ACH Debit, you will need your banking information including bank routing number, account number and account type (checking or savings).
Bank Routing Number: The bank routing number for your checking account can be found in the bottom left corner of your check. You can also contact your financial institution for its routing number. Typically, the routing number consists of nine digits and uniquely identifies the financial institution associated with your check account. Routing numbers are assigned and managed by the American Banker's Association.
Account Number: Your checking account number can be found on your checks to the right of the nine-digit routing number. This number uniquely identifies your account with your financial institution.
Verify Security Requirements/Bank Account Information: The department strongly recommends that you contact your financial institution to authorize ACH Debit transactions, and to verify the bank account, and routing numbers required for electronic payments.
If you intend to make your payment by check, please make the check payable to the PA Department of Revenue. Note on the check your PA Employer Account Identification Number, your Federal Employer Identification Number or Revenue ID, and the tax period begin and end dates.
Payments of $1,000 or more must be made electronically or by certified/cashier's check. You must remit a certified or cashier's check in person or by express mail delivery service, along with the tax documents that are due, on or before 4 p.m. Eastern Time on the tax due date. Payments must be sent to:
PA Department of Revenue
1854 Brookwood St.
Harrisburg, PA 17104
Please visit our Online Services for Businesses for more information.
The mailing address for checks under $1,000 is:
PA Department of Revenue
PO Box 280404
Harrisburg, PA 17128-0404
When using TeleFile to make a payment, you will receive a 16-digit confirmation number as proof of filing.
Please record this number for future reference. Remember to keep a hard copy of the amounts you entered when filing your return.
If you need to update your account information, such as a change of address, please complete