The Department of Revenue hires for a variety of full-time, part-time, temporary and student positions. To see a list of open vacancies, go to employment.pa.gov.
Who We Are
The Department of Revenue (DOR) was established in 1927 and is charged with collecting and distributing most of the tax monies due to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. On an annual basis, the department receives and collects all of the commonwealth’s General Fund tax revenue. In addition, the department annually processes more than 10 million business and individual tax reports and payments. The scope of services and programs provided by the department affects every business and citizen in Pennsylvania.
Our Mission, Vision, & Values
Employees at the Department of Revenue strive to incorporate our mission, vision, and values into our daily work life, along with educating our employees about why these are important to our department to be successful. They are created to align with our strategic plan and help to implement our goals.
Administer Pennsylvania tax and Lottery programs fairly, efficiently, and accurately.
Be an innovative, customer-focused, and an employee-centered agency.
- Act with integrity
- Continuously learning
What’s in it for you?
The department places a high value on employee satisfaction and development to ensure a happy and motivated workforce. We offer:
- Work/life balance with flexible schedule opportunities and 37.5-hour work week
- Competitive salary, paid holidays, and retirement package
- Comprehensive benefits with medical starting on day 1
- Stable and supportive workforce where the voices of our employees matter and diversity, equity, and inclusion are part of our culture
- On-the-job training
- Career development opportunities, including an employee mentorship program and leadership development
- Continuous process improvements where employees are trained to analyze the way that we do things and find efficiencies using LEAN process improvement methodologies
- Provide meaningful work to service the citizens of Pennsylvania
- Administrative Officers
- Clerical Assistants
- District Lottery Representative
- Revenue Fiscal Analysts
- Revenue Forecasting Associates/Analysts
- Revenue Research Analysts
- Revenue Tax Auditors
- Tax Account Collections Technicians
- Tax Appeals Hearing Officers/Reviewers
- Tax Examiners
- Taxpayer Service & Information Center Trainees
- Student Opportunities
- Seasonal Employment